So, what IS next for The Original TiT?!
Perhaps it’s time for me to take command of my own starship? Start my own blog…
SCARY!! What will I talk about? What if nobody comes to pay me a visit? Guess I’ll just be talking to myself? No change there then!?
One thing is certain, and that is that I’m committed to continue on with my training, in the hopes that one day I can be a Trekkie with Advanced Training (T.W.A.T.).
As my Twitter followers will already know, I have set myself the goal of having watched all 704 episodes of Star Trek, and 12 films by the 50th anniversary in 2016 (NOT including TAS – there has been rather a lot of debate on this one, but this was the number we decided to settle upon eventually). After much thought and Twitter discussion, I’ve decided to watch in the following order (which I know might be controversial, but I think is going to work best for me personally?): -
…and then the films where appropriate. I’ve been encouraged by those pesky Trekkie Girls to live-tweet as I watch? Apparently my continual babble of nonsense seems to have gone down quite well?! This may evolve in to Podcasts and/or YouTube videos if there’s any interest, although I hate the sound of my own voice, so this would probably take some coercion (or several large G&Ts?!).
I warn you, in case you haven’t already sussed it – I’m a bit of a kook. I’m a qualified Dispensing Optician (boring!!), a Psychology graduate (yes, I am psycho-analysing you as you read this!) and have an annoying habit of being able to link anything in life to “that episode of Friends, where…” (just ask Sam!). But ultimately, my aim is to refresh your memories of when you first watched Star Trek, to help you see it “through fresh eyes” as Larry Nemecek would say (thanks hun!). I’m hoping that my lack of knowledge about all things Trek will be endearing, and I’m looking to you all for guidance!
So, why not come and join me, experience Star Trek for the first time again? Hold my hand, for what I’m sure is going to be the ride of my life!
Follow me on Twitter @TheOriginalTiT and keep your eyes and ears peeled for the official TheOriginalTiT blog, coming soon to a screen near you… (once Sam’s shown me what to do?!)
Before I finally leave you all in peace for a bit, I must say a few thank you’s so please bear with me! (Feel free to skip this bit, but it has to be done!!)
So, THANK YOU…
- Everyone at destinationstartrek.com for letting me be a part of the awesomeness that was DST3, especially @JonathanChew, Suzy, Valdie and Alex.
- Karen Ward and her amazing team, for painstakingly painting Carole and I green at 7.30 in the morning!
- The wonderful @larrynemecek and @jhoffman for putting up with us, and being such gracious company. DST3 wouldn’t have been the same without you!
- (Another) HUGE kiss to Neil Green – without you, I would never have personally Skyped Leonard Nimoy!!
- The lovely Simon, Jamie and Phil (@TEngagePodcast) for being so welcoming and friendly, and for dancing with us Trekkie Girls at the Risa party!
- Alan – my own personal Star Trek encyclopaedia!!! The guy on the right in this picture…
I want to see Trekkie Girl Sam and Alan in a Trek-off – I honestly don’t know who I’d put my money on!? If you’re reading this Alan, or if anyone knows Alan, please get in touch – it would be great to hear from you!!!
- @mclark1701, @RoslynS, and the guys @VisionaryTrek, and also @startrekrisa for treating me like I belonged at DST3, not like the newbie that I am (was?).
- @Janeway931 – your story is a true inspiration, thank you for sharing it with me!
- @1701rebuild for approaching us and letting us know about the awesome project you’re working on! If there’s anything we can do to help, just say the word…
- @SpockVegas for providing the most surreal moment of DST3 (see Tuesday’s blog post) – so sorry we didn’t get our picture taken with you when we were painted green!!
- To all my amazing Twitter followers, but especially @Captain_Revo, @TrekGirlsRule, @Clechleitner42, @JaffaStar, @trickster34, @trekkerdean @TheeeRealBigDan, @Benfield13, @ben_crook, @therealrobcook, @JamieBGall, @ funkylaura1701 (the Tribble!!!), @JohnnyVCaffine, @vela550, @Drogyn1701, @marcstamper, @TrekkieJayne and @TheOnionMaid, for being my biggest champions and actively encouraging me to keep on going with this madness!!
- A special shout-out to @CNNbelle for her reply to my Tweet mentioning Gates McFadden – set my Twitter on FIRE!!!
If I’ve forgotten anyone, I’m so sorry, please don’t take it personally?! It’s just the past two weeks have been a bit of a blur really, it’s all a bit overwhelming – please forgive me for being a dufus?! Thank you to everyone that has read/replied/retweeted/favourited my tweets/blogs - I love you all!!
LIVE LONG AND PROSPER